Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heretiq

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
Denver, CO
Anyone else seeing this permanent Swift Playgrounds Update Available notice in the MacOS App Store? I'm pretty sure this started with the Sonoma beta -- but not absolutely certain.

Recurring Update Notice
Forever Swift Playgrounds Update.png

App Store Version
Swift Playgrounds - App Store - Version.png

This update is recurring despite being on the latest version of Playgrounds (4.3.1) -- and numerous successful updates -- and it just will not go away.

Current App Version
Swift Playgrounds Version.png

I filed a bug report with the Apple Feedback Assistant app two weeks ago, but it has not been acknowledged.

Anyone else seeing this? I can easily ignore it, but would appreciate any suggestions to break this never-ending update cycle.

Last edited:

dmccloud

macrumors 68040
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
The first thing I would do is to uninstall the app and then reinstall it from scratch. Could be a situation where the update didn't properly update the version flag for some reason.

Reactions: heretiq

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Likely not just you and sonoma, also looks like it happens in Ventura also.

At least in Ventura it isn't flagging for an update, just shows in the account overview.

dmccloud

macrumors 68040
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I just did a clean install of Playgrounds from the App Store and restarted my system. I am not getting that erroneous update notification.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.