Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qakncert

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2017
Thought this would be the best place for this thread since I think its a software issue.

iMessage is a great feature, especially when you sync all your devices together to access your messages.

I've recently had iMessage chats on my iPhone, which also showed up on my iPad since they are synced. Since then, I've succeed erase iPhone messages , and then deleted them from my synced iPad as well.

Nothing strange till here.

Last night I ran a search for an app on my iPad using "Search iPad" (the left most home screen). When I typed in the first letter I realized that the iMessage conversations that I deleted from my iPhone and iPad are still showing up entirely! I did the same search on my iPhone, and voila! Although the iMessages are deleted from my iPhone and iPad, they still show up when I run a search. So when I go into iMessages/Messages, they are not there but they show up when you run a search.

I searched for the forum and the web for this, but no results came up.

Any help to "permanently" delete these iMessage conversations would be appreciated.
Don't know if you were focused on this article, it's been too long, such the problem about delete iMessages from iPhone that i have solved recently , fortunately , the iMessages never be recovered after deleted

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.