Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As per title, did Mojave do this?
Is there a way to unlock them?
It does tell me I can duplicate a file to then be able to edit it.
Thanks!

Update: It's looking like this is a permissions issue with the disk image these files are stored on.. Although I am logged in as an administrator and it says I can read and write, there is a note that I can only read the file. I believe the entire sparse image is listed as read only.

In settings my full name is listed as an Administrator account, but in a past time, it was my first initial, last name and this is what shows in the Get Info box.

As an Administrator, if the Mac now thinks I'm someone different, as an Administrator, should'nt I be able to use my password and in the Get Info window, unlock permissions and add myself, full name? The thing is, even when I've unlocked this screen, the plus sign for adding a new permission does not light up where I can use it.

How do I repair permissions in Mojave? Thanks!

Update 2: Because this is a sparse image, I had to mount it, and then I repaired it using Disk Utility, and this fixed the issue. Issue resolved? :)

Last edited:

BLUEDOG314

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2015
I would say as long as the image is not read only, you can always use 'chown' or 'chmod' to either change ownership or permissions respectively for the entire image if that is the issue. Further you could recursively change ownership or permissions to files inside the image. Sounds like you already solved the problem though, just giving other options.

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.