Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fastthumbs

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2003
Hey all,

It's been a week since I installed the Yosemite beta on my machine, and while it's been mostly smooth sailing, I've noticed a lot of permissions issues. My command line tools, e.g. ruby and node, are all messed up, and things seem to be getting weirder and worse. Today I checked Disk Utility, and it said that my Macintosh HD partition is corrupted and needs repair. I think I'll probably just wipe it and go back to Mavericks.

Before I do, though, has anyone else had similar problems? Any chance that this corrupted drive issue is really just a beta bug? Thought I'd check before nuking everything.

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Mine was saying the same thing. I usually run disk utility after an OS upgrades and run disk permission checks and such. I've run it twice since installing Yosemite and both times it says it needs to be repaired.

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Mine was saying the same thing. I usually run disk utility after an OS upgrades and run disk permission checks and such. I've run it twice since installing Yosemite and both times it says it needs to be repaired.

Did you run "verify and repair disk" or "repair permissions"? As members have reported, after the installation of Yosemite, the options for permissions are greyed out. Could you please share a screen of Disk Utility with the Yosemite disk selected?

Here's a nice thread about this issue. Thanks.

~ Cheers

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.