Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

demokedes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
I've been a satisfied iPhone 13 Mini user for over two years. However, about a month ago, I started encountering significant issues with Bluetooth connectivity, particularly with Apple CarPlay, which I frequently use. The connection to CarPlay sporadically drops, disrupting phone calls—sometimes momentarily, other times for extended periods, rendering the feature unusable.

Interestingly, this problem began roughly around the same time my phone underwent a service for a non-related issue (charging port replacement). I've discussed this with the service center, but they find it unlikely that the two are related. Given the intermittent nature of the Bluetooth problem, I'm concerned a standard functionality test might not uncover the issue.

Here's what I've observed and tried so far:

Wired Connection: Using CarPlay with a cable works flawlessly, which suggests the issue is isolated to wireless connectivity.

Alternative Devices: Other phones connect wirelessly to the same car without any issues, pointing towards a problem with my device.

Factory Reset: I've even gone as far as performing a factory reset on my iPhone, but the issue persists.

Given these observations, I'm seeking advice on how to approach this problem. Specifically:

Is there a way to rigorously test the Bluetooth functionality under heavy use, similar to how CarPlay operates, to better diagnose the issue? Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a resolution? Are there any known issues with iPhone 13 Mini's Bluetooth connectivity post-repair or service that I should be aware of? I'm eager to resolve this as it significantly impacts my daily use of the phone. Any suggestions, experiences, or insights from the community would be incredibly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.