Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sw1428

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
Hi all!

Does anyone know how to get rid of the icons in your status bar other than the command-drag option?
I've had an icon stuck up there for about a year now that I can't seem to get rid of (see attached screenshot). Considering the "Windows Vista" in the top left, I'm assuming its leftover from an old version of Parallels I used to run. Unfortunately, I don't have ANY parallels files left on my computer, so nothing happens when I click "Windows Vista", "All Programs", or "Application Menu Settings".

After having the useless icon up there for so long, I've been troubleshooting ways to remove it, but can't seem to find anything other than command-drag and "disable in the application's settings" (which I can no longer do, as I don't have parallels nor Windows Vista anymore).

If anyone else has had this issue and can help me get rid of the icon, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 9.48.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 9.48.05 PM.png
    131 KB · Views: 209

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009

Sw1428

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
Thanks for you quick reply!
I don't even remember using VMWare Fusion, but it's not in my Login Items. So I searched all files and nothing comes up for VMWare. Strange. I'll keep looking through my computer.
[doublepost=1459479187][/doublepost]Okay it's solved. I just had to redownload VMWare Fusion and uninstall it the correct way as suggested in the link you provided. Thanks for your help! Without it, I'd still be thinking it was Parallels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.