Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bentley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
pj3.jpg

look closely at that screen

;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Okay, I'll bite. Is it just because he's running XP on a PC attached to an Apple Cinema Display? Or is there something else I'm missing?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
emw said:
Okay, I'll bite. Is it just because he's running XP on a PC attached to an Apple Cinema Display? Or is there something else I'm missing?

I assume thats it.

Its not stupid to do - Apple Cinema Display HDs and Studio Displays as pictured look amazing on Windows PCs.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
It was wall to wall Macs during the making of LOTR, especially in the audio dept. (Yeah. I know WETA use PC's...)

Most of the post-pro was done in Protools, and he was running video conferencing on G5's and PowerBooks.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
evilernie said:
Looks like an old pic. Maybe 50 or 60 lbs ago. :p

I knew there was something odd about that picture! :p

Yup, XP on Apple LCD is nothing new. Been doing that for a long time.

Edit: Being doing rarara

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm surprised that he's using Windows XP. I remember being at MWNY in 2002. There was a technical advisor for LOTR at the Maya booth. He showed us how Maya was used on a PowerBook for the special effects of the movie.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
wdlove said:
I'm surprised that he's using Windows XP. I remember being at MWNY in 2002. There was a technical advisor for LOTR at the Maya booth. He showed us how Maya was used on a PowerBook for the special effects of the movie.

Maya's cross platform, WETA digital run it on PC's for the design and some commercial renderfarm for the rendering, although a number if their designers have PowerBooks/PM setups as well.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
That doesn't look like Peter Jackson to me for some reason. Maybe just a bad angle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.