Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
After setting up my XS Max today I turned on Screen Time and in the devices list I have Jesse’s iPad, Jesse’s iPhone, and iPhone. It looks like the new phone is the ‘iPhone’ listing (despite being named ‘Jesse’s iPhone’) and possibly my old iPhone is being listed as ‘Jesse’s iPhone.’

Previously when turning off Screen Time on a device it would be removed from the device list. Yesterday, prior to turning on my new phone, I turned off Screen Time and signed out of iCloud on my original phone. I then set up my new phone as a new device.

Anybody know if it’s possible to totally reset Screen Time or know of anything else I can do to remove the phantom device and get my phone to report its name correctly?

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
After setting up my XS Max today I turned on Screen Time and in the devices list I have Jesse’s iPad, Jesse’s iPhone, and iPhone. It looks like the new phone is the ‘iPhone’ listing (despite being named ‘Jesse’s iPhone’) and possibly my old iPhone is being listed as ‘Jesse’s iPhone.’

Previously when turning off Screen Time on a device it would be removed from the device list. Yesterday, prior to turning on my new phone, I turned off Screen Time and signed out of iCloud on my original phone. I then set up my new phone as a new device.

Anybody know if it’s possible to totally reset Screen Time or know of anything else I can do to remove the phantom device and get my phone to report its name correctly?

Are you still having this issue? I am since I upgraded to my XS Max in November. Just wondering if anyone made any progress on this annoying issue...

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Are you still having this issue? I am since I upgraded to my XS Max in November. Just wondering if anyone made any progress on this annoying issue...

They fixed the incorrect names, but old devices still show up. I’m beginning to think maybe it’s a “feature” whether we want it or not.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
They fixed the incorrect names, but old devices still show up. I’m beginning to think maybe it’s a “feature” whether we want it or not.

Let's hope it fixed with iOS 13...Apple Support never responded to my request on this issue...

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Any fix in sight? I really only have 1
Watch. My partner has the same setup as me and her screentime settings are reflected correctly. 1 phone and 1 watch

Attachments

• 5B4C0A78-FDD4-47E2-BDF5-A52464B7D35A.jpeg
    5B4C0A78-FDD4-47E2-BDF5-A52464B7D35A.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 291

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
My extra devices are gone in iOS 14. Not sure if I’ll have more once I get a new phone, but right now I only have my current phone and computer (weird that my watch isn’t there).

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Hi jessebkr87 just to confirm that the only devices that are showing up still are only the ones in your associated devices?

some people were saying this was fixed in iOS 13.6...

I just signed out of MacBook. Before that I turned off Screentime on the Mac as well before signing out of iCloud.

Guess what, on my iPhone on 13.6.1 it’s still there as a device under screentime

so I suppose they haven’t fixed this at all

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Hi jessebkr87 just to confirm that the only devices that are showing up still are only the ones in your associated devices?

some people were saying this was fixed in iOS 13.6...

I just signed out of MacBook. Before that I turned off Screentime on the Mac as well before signing out of iCloud.

Guess what, on my iPhone on 13.6.1 it’s still there as a device under screentime

so I suppose they haven’t fixed this at all

Currently the only ones that show up are the devices currently in use, but I haven’t had a new device since last September.

When I get a new phone (whenever they release) this year I guess I will find out if the old device stays. I’m hoping not, but by what you just said it sounds like we might still have to deal with this annoyance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.