Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
I agree with that. Airplay, bonjour, etc. do not like subnets. If you have a separate Wi-Fi router like the linksys above, set it to bridge mode. That, or make sure that *everything* is going through the linksys and nothing but the linksys is connected directly to your cable modem; i.e., turn off the cable router’s Wi-Fi and don’t plug anything directly into it except the linksys.

bjf123

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
That’s how I have it setup. The only thing connected to the T-Mobile home internet router is the Linksys via Ethernet. Everything else in the house is connected to the Linksys, either via Ethernet for the computer and Hue Bridge sitting right next to it, and WiFi for everything else, iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, HomePod mini and watches.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
So in the switchover did you reboot your linksys? You mentioned not having done that before.

All my network devices seem finicky to some degree, but my linksys especially so.

bjf123

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
I tried once after that post and no change. This time, with the T-Mobile service also down, maybe I rebooted things in a different sequence and that made a difference?

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
It’s possible. If I have a power outage, I restart everything in a specific order for it to work immediately, waiting for each to finish booting before turning on the next - fiber, AT&T router, Ethernet switches, linksys nodes, and only then the Hue bridge. With updates over the years, everything is a bit more resilient and usually I can just let it all reboot on its own and it will figure itself out in about an hour or so. But sometimes the linksys nodes still have to be rebooted again, and then sometimes too I don’t have an hour to sit around and wait for lights to turn green. Easier, sadly, to run around the house unplugging things and plugging them back in.

kironkp

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2013
Has anyone figured this out? I still don’t see a way to sync HomeKit with Philips Hue like I used to. Hopefully someone has figured out how to fix this

Neil Harrison

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2020
Has anyone figured this out? I still don’t see a way to sync HomeKit with Philips Hue like I used to. Hopefully someone has figured out how to fix this
Not seen anything and it’s got worse with matter. None of my hue accessories work properly

Reactions: laszlo182

MikeX

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2016
Couldn't make it work in Hue Matter mode. Last week re-added Hue Bridge as HomeKit and then there is an option from Hue to sync to homekit. Saved my life. I have 50+ devices and 10 rooms.

jcole66

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
Couldn't make it work in Hue Matter mode. Last week re-added Hue Bridge as HomeKit and then there is an option from Hue to sync to homekit. Saved my life. I have 50+ devices and 10 rooms.
I’m dealing with the same issues as everyone else. My Hue setup/Homekit setup have worked great for years but recently it’s become broken. All Hue products in Hone App are unresponsive but other non Hue items work fine. Tried to wipe and reinstall many times but cannot get Hue/Home App to talk to each other.
Is there a way you forced the Hur Bridge to link in HomeKit mode and NOT Matter mode? Not that it’s worked for me recently. But I’m not even able to re-add the Hue Bridge in HK mode any more either. It’s been so frustrating.
Phillips support has at times acknowledged an issue and it’s “being worked” and other support techs say there is no issue at all. Ugh!!!

Chubbs

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2024
Hey guys, having the same issue, regardless of how I add, all the lights appear to be stuck in 'updating'. However, have tried the steps to synch in the Hue App, but I only have Settings?SmartHome>Linked to Hue - Apple Home. There is no setting in that area?

Neil Harrison

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2020
Hey guys, having the same issue, regardless of how I add, all the lights appear to be stuck in 'updating'. However, have tried the steps to synch in the Hue App, but I only have Settings?SmartHome>Linked to Hue - Apple Home. There is no setting in that area?

This is a response from Philips I go on facebook

“ You can go back to HAP (the previous communication protocol), if you feel Matter isn't working fine for you. Just delete any link between Hue and Homekit, and relink only via the Apple Home app (not the Hue app).”

What I did was remove the bridge from Apple Home, then added via Apple Home and redid the lights. Still doesnt seem as good but they at least work

Chubbs

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2024
This is a response from Philips I go on facebook

“ You can go back to HAP (the previous communication protocol), if you feel Matter isn't working fine for you. Just delete any link between Hue and Homekit, and relink only via the Apple Home app (not the Hue app).”

What I did was remove the bridge from Apple Home, then added via Apple Home and redid the lights. Still doesnt seem as good but they at least work
Thanks for the response. I did this, but the lights in the default room still show as 'updating'. All work fine via Hue app though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.