Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryansimmons323

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
United Kingdom
There is no NDA for stuff Apple already showed.

I thought no screenshots were allowed.

I understand changes have been made recently, allowing things to be discussed publicly, however I read that screenshots are still not allowed.

"Further, Apple agrees that You will not be bound by the foregoing confidentiality terms with regard to technical information about pre-release Apple Software and services disclosed by Apple at WWDC (Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference), except that You may not post screen shots, write public reviews or redistribute any pre-release Apple Software or services." - From the current agreement.

So to me, that says, no screenshots whatsoever regardless of whether Apple has shown it.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
It is so unfortunate that widgets can only be shown on the Today View. I can imagine that it would look cramped fairly easily. They should have turned that third tab (which they removed) into a Widgets tab, letting users decide where to put their widgets.

U mean like this? :p

Attachments

• IMG_3454.PNG
    IMG_3454.PNG
    116.4 KB · Views: 56

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
As seen in the image, adding a Hue widget to the Notification Center would potentially give users direct access to an off switch and a selection of light scenes.

Access to Hue controls in Notification Center would make it much simpler for users to turn off lights or choose their favorite scenes, as it would not require an app to be launched.

Apparently you can turn lights off, but not on.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
what does home kit mean for existing hue owners? the zigby controller won't be done away with will it? cause that makes little sense. If stuff is controlled via wifi and iCloud and you loose internet you can't rely on your timers to work because at the moment they're stored in your bridge aren't they? so if internet goes it doesn't make any difference. But if theyre all stored in iCloud it could **** up real easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.