Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Hello.

A friend has the above hearing aids. I have connected them to her phone via Bluetooth and I can see them both in the Bluetooth devices.

According to instructions I should be able to tap on the hearing aids and select to route phone calls via them. However, the only option I get is to forget the device.

Does anyone know how to get the option to route calls through to the hearing aids?

Many thanks.

M.

Margrave

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2022
Morning M
I have the same hearing aids, I am not sure what you mean about routing calls,
If you have gone into accessibility, hearing devices, your friends name and it shows connected
the only thing I get is when a call comes in the sound is in my hearing aids.

Mike

mrochester

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Morning M
If you have gone into accessibility, hearing devices, your friends name and it shows connected

Mike
There is no option to route calls through to the hearing aids.

With a call answered the only options are to either have the call come through the phone speaker or on the loud speaker, there is no option to have the call sent to the hearing aids.

I can’t figure out where to make this happen.

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
I have Phonack Audéo P90-R hearing aids. I got an Amber Alert that came through on the hearing aids, loudly, really way too loud. I have had phone calls ring tone and caller announcement that come in the hearing aids. I would like to turn that option off. The call itself is routed on the phone. There is an option on the phone screen, the audio routing button, where I can select to route through the hearing aids. The routing to the hearing aids is not automatic. I have not connected the devices in the Accessibility options. The only connection is through BlueTooth.

Rich B22

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2019
I have a different model of Phonak, however, on mine, to answer a call on them, I have to quickly depress the middle of the volume button twice. Hope this helps, however, you may want to contact your friend's hearing aid professional.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Morning M

Mike
Under hearing devices there is nothing under ‘MFI hearing devices’, it just says ‘Searching’.

The hearing aids both appear under Bluetooth settings but when I tap the ‘I’ icon next to each hearing aid the only option that appears is ‘forget this device’.

I can’t find anywhere on the phone to make incoming phone calls ring in the hearing aid or have the call go via the hearing aid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.