Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
I got a call today while I was driving. The iPhone automatically connects to the car's sound system through bluetooth so I can talk hands-free. In iOS 6, if I wanted some privacy, there was a control that allowed me to select between iPhone and bluetooth.

img_0181.jpg

Today I noticed that that control is missing in iOS 7. I guess if you want to switch the audio source to the iPhone, you'd have to use control center to turn off bluetooth. What a pain.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I got a call today while I was driving. The iPhone automatically connects to the car's sound system through bluetooth so I can talk hands-free. In iOS 6, if I wanted some privacy, there was a control that allowed me to select between iPhone and bluetooth.

Today I noticed that that control is missing in iOS 7. I guess if you want to switch the audio source to the iPhone, you'd have to use control center to turn off bluetooth. What a pain.

Not true. It is there for me.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
I would have to wait until I got in my car. I know it is there because I answered a call in my car this morning and switched between my car and the phone without issue.

I believe you, I just couldn't find it. Here's a screenshot I found online:

2.jpg

I don't see an audio source selector control there. (Unfortunately, I can't remember what it looked like in iOS 6).

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL

I don't see an audio source selector control there. (Unfortunately, I can't remember what it looked like in iOS 6).

Also if you look, bluetooth isn't enabled. There is no icon. It only shows up when a bluetooth device is connected.

----------

Maybe connect your bluetooth and take a screenshot of an in call screen?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011

When I have access to my mom's car (since it has bluetooth it), I'll pair and call my phone and see if it works.

WDE87

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2012
Wow, iOS 7 really does look so much better than previous verisons. These comparisons really make it sink in

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Just tested...it's there (image is cropped to hide phone number)

Thank you for that picture. It's there alright. I guess I must have something set wrong. All I saw was the usual speaker icon in that position. And yet, I was talking hands-free through the car's sound system, so bluetooth must have been working. Strange. I'll experiment further and see if I can figure out what went wrong.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Thank you for that picture. It's there alright. I guess I must have something set wrong. All I saw was the usual speaker icon in that position. And yet, I was talking hands-free through the car's sound system, so bluetooth must have been working. Strange. I'll experiment further and see if I can figure out what went wrong.

It didn't come up for me at first. I had to hit Speaker, and then the Speaker button changed to an Audio Source button. Weird. Here's the panel.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 271

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
It didn't come up for me at first. I had to hit Speaker, and then the Speaker button changed to an Audio Source button. Weird. Here's the panel.

Interesting. When I hit the speaker button it just reversed the colors on that button. But I think I figured out what happened. I went through the pairing procedure in my car and it indicated that the phone was not paired, so I paired it. I assume it'll work now, though I haven't tested it yet.

So how did it work before? I don't think it really did. I had the phone's audio output feeding to the aux input in the car so I could listen to music. When I was on the phone, I think that's why I was hearing the voice through the car's speakers. I can only assume the person on the other end could hear me talking through the iPhone's mic, rather than the car's mic. That's my best guess, anyway.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Out of curiosity, what's the small icon in the bottom-right corner of your screenshot? Is that part of iOS?
That's Tapatalk's icon that the app apparently adds to images that are shared through it.

PRC

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2016

img_0181.jpg

I purchased a UE Roll. Was hoping to use it as a speaker phone, I set up the blue tooth, but I do not see the audio source button. Thought it would be like the car phone.
[doublepost=1459044888][/doublepost]
I purchased a UE Roll. Was hoping to use it as a speaker phone, I set up the blue tooth, but I do not see the audio source button. Thought it would be like the car phone.
Also, the UE plays music off my iphone, thought it would at as a speaker when I get a call in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.