Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matts_ego

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2020
New Jersey
Apologies if this has a thread already, but is anyone else experiencing issues with their watch announcing calls after the WatchOS 7/7.01 update? I don't know if it's specific to the Series 4 Cellular model, as that is the one that I have. If you have experienced this, were you able to fix it? If so, how did you do it? Is this an established bug with the current software?

I've tried restarting, resetting, unpairing, etc., but no luck so far. Not that it is the biggest deal, but just sad to have that convenience not functioning.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Do you mean that calls go to your phone rather than the watch. If so then the fix is to switch off your phone. Then switch off your watch. Power your phone back up and then power your watch back up. Test and should be ok

Reactions: matts_ego

matts_ego

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2020
New Jersey
Do you mean that calls go to your phone rather than the watch. If so then the fix is to switch off your phone. Then switch off your watch. Power your phone back up and then power your watch back up. Test and should be ok
Okay, so far this worked for me! Hopefully it stays that way! Thank you

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

matts_ego

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2020
New Jersey
Okay, so far this worked for me! Hopefully it stays that way! Thank you
Update: fix didn't last long for my watch. It works immediately after restarting, and then eventually the watch stops notifying my of incoming calls on my phone again. Hopefully a fix is coming soon!

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
As i previously posted, once i rebooted both devices in the right order I had no further issues with my S5 on OS7. My S6 is performing normally but i haven't had any calls since upgrading to 7.02 so I will test it later and feed back. If it still works ok then i cant offer any further advice except to possibly unpair and re-pair your watch as that does seem to sort out a lot of bugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.