Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SKANLEZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Okay guys, for some reason the only way I can hear people from the other side is if they are on speaker phone. Does not work any other way, even tried my bluetooth headset and it cannot find my iPhone. Everything was fine until I hooked up my iPhone to my new Stereo (Panasonic Head Unit with USB). After that I noticed that's when it started to happen.

I've tried doing a restore, putting the phone into recover-mode and putting it in back to factor settings and unlocking it with ZiPhone and still it doesn't work. Any suggestions guys?

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
1) To my knowlegde NO headunit is usb or ipod connector compatible with iPhone, it is NOT an ipod (despite what steve says), and requires specific support, aka +airplane mode -click wheel support

2) You may have static shocked and/or broken the earpiece

3) no bluetooth.... sounds like the unlocking may have broke it, if it ever worked to begin with, some dont, apple's support has been flaky

4) dont use ziphone, please, it has given alot of people trouble, that being said... it was the only tool around that fixed my beta baseband issues, but thats another story.

If you need to unlock i'd use ipwnr

I would try the following:
Restore to 1.1.4, and then use ipwnr to unlock using bootneuter
and/or try inserting the headphone/mic into it, and see if that works

If that doesnt work youre probably up sh*t creek, sorry dude

SKANLEZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Thank you for the response. I got it to work actually, I really don't know what I did but I think plugging in my wired headset and turning up the volume worked.

As for Head Unit's working for iPhone I should have ordered the Alpine iDA-X100. Here's a small review from someone in my car club

"I really love it. It navigates through my iPhone as quickly as if I was to do it directly from my iPhone. The menus are super simple, with only a minimum of buttons. It sounds terrific with my Focal components, JL Audio subwoofer and Audison amp. I'm a happy man"

But 2 reason's why I didn't get it was because it was only a 2Volt Preout and I wanted a 4Volt and second it's a $300 deck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.