Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
This happens so frequently with my new iPhone 14, and it is annoying, does it happen to you? If I am making a call and the recording says to press a number to be connected to..... the recording never recognizes when I press the numbers. It is frustrating when I am on a call and I have to hang up and call back and start all over. Why does this happen?

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
This happens so frequently with my new iPhone 14, and it is annoying, does it happen to you? If I am making a call and the recording says to press a number to be connected to..... the recording never recognizes when I press the numbers. It is frustrating when I am on a call and I have to hang up and call back and start all over. Why does this happen?
The only time I’ve had it happened is when I was on speakerphone. I had to take it off of speaker and then at worked.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Happened to me a couple of times last week. I was probably on speaker phone as that is my default when not using AirPods. So that is two bugs in a week if we include the non-responsive lock screen. I have to be careful here for this bug as I also use those really cheap fake AirPods usually when I’m out and about. Also note that I have three sets of Apple AirPods at home!

As an aside, I like the fact that my 40 dollar knockoff Airpods are pretty good compared to Apple’s. All I do is remove the mesh from the knock offs and the volume is up there. I don’t worry about losing the buds if they pop out and I don’t care if they get scratched falling out of my ears. The Apple ones I worry about and only use at home or at the mall or visiting people.

How did I get three sets of AirPods? Updated from Gen 2 to Gen 3 so I had two. Then I lost my Gen 3 and find my said it was at the neighbors. It could have fallen out when I left my car and someone saw it on my driveway and picked it up. These folk were new to the neighborhood so I didn’t want to create a scene, so I bought another pair. Then when I was cleaning up the living room - there is my lost AirPods between the cracks in the cushions, so now I have three Apple AirPods! And here was me giving the neighbors nasty looks for two weeks. Thank you find my app…

Actually with the knock off I have four AirPods, what is wrong with me…hehehe…

Last edited:

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
I lost my Gen 3 and find my said it was at the neighbors. It could have fallen out when I left my car and someone saw it on my driveway and picked it up. These folk were new to the neighborhood so I didn’t want to create a scene, so I bought another pair. Then when I was cleaning up the living room - there is my lost AirPods between the cracks in the cushions, so now I have three Apple AirPods! And here was me giving the neighbors nasty looks for two weeks. Thank you find my app…
I bet it being stuffed in the cushions lowered the accuracy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.