Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnyaB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2019
I very recently purchased an iphone 11 (upgraded from an 8). It's a great phone. However, every now and then I get a phone call on the lock screen, and it has the accept/decline options instead of the slide to answer. My iphone 8 did this as well. Is anyone else getting this? Is it an ios13 bug?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I very recently purchased an iphone 11 (upgraded from an 8). It's a great phone. However, every now and then I get a phone call on the lock screen, and it has the accept/decline options instead of the slide to answer. My iphone 8 did this as well. Is anyone else getting this? Is it an ios13 bug?
If the device is locked you get the slide to answer option, if the device is unlocked you get the accept and decline options. It's pretty much always been this way.

AnyaB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2019
If the device is locked you get the slide to answer option, if the device is unlocked you get the accept and decline options. It's pretty much always been this way.

Well, once in a blue moon when it's locked I get the accept/decline option when I get a phone call. I've had this iphone for a few days, and I had it happen to me this morning. The phone was locked, I hadn't touched it in over an hour. The phone call after that had the slide to answer option.

My iphone 8 did this as well, after ios13 had been installed for a bit. Just curious if this is bug, or if this has happened to anyone else. Maybe something in the settings? Idk, just looking for some help.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, once in a blue moon when it's locked I get the accept/decline option when I get a phone call. I've had this iphone for a few days, and I had it happen to me this morning. The phone was locked, I hadn't touched it in over an hour. The phone call after that had the slide to answer option.

My iphone 8 did this as well, after ios13 had been installed for a bit. Just curious if this is bug, or if this has happened to anyone else. Maybe something in the settings? Idk, just looking for some help.
Can't say that I've seen that work any differently in iOS 13 compared to earlier versions.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
No. It's not a bug. When your phone is locked you get the slider. When the phone is unlocked you get accept and decline buttons. If you want to convince us that you're seeing something different, post a screen shot.

AnyaB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2019
No. It's not a bug. When your phone is locked you get the slider. When the phone is unlocked you get accept and decline buttons. If you want to convince us that you're seeing something different, post a screen shot.

Kinda hard to post a screenshot of a call coming in to a lock screen...

Thanks anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.