Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
It's getting on my nerves to find cases that are advertised for the Touch, then read "works with iPhone and Ipod Touch". NOOOO...the Touch is almost half the width of the Phone!! I found some really cool cases yesterday, again, advertised for the Touch. I instant messaged with the company and asked them about it. They said it's for both. I told her the Touch will slip right out of it!! I don't think these case manufacturers realize the Touch is much slimmer. Unless they are just trying to get people to buy theirs because there isn't anything else out yet. :eek::mad:

aeropix

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
I'm having the same dilemma. I got the invisible shield, but I think I still need a case for it. No luck so far...

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
I need a case like the iClear, so I can wear my touch around my waist and control the music from there too, until they come out with external audio controls, I'm stuck with that method. Put it in a plastic bag once it's on my waist and I can control my music just fine, even when wearing gloves (like hospital gloves).

My current "set up" is just a zip lock bag, and I have the cord coming out, and then the plastic bag is pulled through one of my belt loops on my side and it has the ipod inside, and the cord goes through the belt loop too. Then I can control my touch and I won't get it greasy or dirty! I did this with my nano, but that is a whole different story!

Hopefully some cases start coming out this week and in the coming week of October, since the touch hasn't "Officially" released.

xerikx

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
there are skins and protectors so you don't have to wear a ziplock bag....

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I need a case like the iClear, so I can wear my touch around my waist and control the music from there too, until they come out with external audio controls, I'm stuck with that method. Put it in a plastic bag once it's on my waist and I can control my music just fine, even when wearing gloves (like hospital gloves).

My current "set up" is just a zip lock bag, and I have the cord coming out, and then the plastic bag is pulled through one of my belt loops on my side and it has the ipod inside, and the cord goes through the belt loop too. Then I can control my touch and I won't get it greasy or dirty! I did this with my nano, but that is a whole different story!

Hopefully some cases start coming out this week and in the coming week of October, since the touch hasn't "Officially" released.

I like the iClear too. I had two skins and they bothered me (fuzz magnets, too thick, and the clips were weak) and didn't think they really protected the iPod. The Clear is cool because you can still see the pretty iPod and it has a clip.

My current set up is an eyeglass case!! :(

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
The Touch is thinner, but slightly wider as well. So the case will stretch width-wise to accomodate the touch, and should hold it in place.

I have the Sensa ultra slim pouch, and it works with my Fiance's touch. But as I said, it stretches the case slightly width-wise. No problems with the touch sliding out on its own, though.

jferg

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2007
I'm hoping iskin will be coming out with a revo for the touch. Their cases for the iphone look pretty nice

I'm not a fan of the leather cases though. For now an invisible shield will have to do.

chrismball

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2007
Yeah - Wallet ipod cases are fantastic. I'll probably just buy whichever one comes out first, which is soon I hope. The darn touch didn't even come with a sleeve.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
Yeah - Wallet ipod cases are fantastic. I'll probably just buy whichever one comes out first, which is soon I hope. The darn touch didn't even come with a sleeve.

No sleeve, no clip. Nothing. My mini at least came with a clip. My first iPod, the 40GB came with the USB Adapter, Case and Dock!!! For $400 they should have given us something besides a piece of cloth and a plastic stand that is pathetic. I was reading how the backs of peoples Touches were getting scratched within hours. I thought, can't they just be a little more careful. Well... looking at mine yesterday... i found scratches. And i'm super careful with it. I really don't care about some scratches but really, Apple should have given us something to put it in.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
No sleeve, no clip. Nothing. My mini at least came with a clip. My first iPod, the 40GB came with the USB Adapter, Case and Dock!!! For $400 they should have given us something besides a piece of cloth and a plastic stand that is pathetic. I was reading how the backs of peoples Touches were getting scratched within hours. I thought, can't they just be a little more careful. Well... looking at mine yesterday... i found scratches. And i'm super careful with it. I really don't care about some scratches but really, Apple should have given us something to put it in.

Who cares about scratches on the back? Who sits there and looks at the back of it? I'll admit, I've been trying to keep scratches off the back but, I'm not freaking out if I get a scratch on it... I hardly look at it. Also, try getting one of those sticky rubber pads for your dashboard if you listen to your iPod in the car so that it doesn't slide around... sliding equals nasty scratches on the backside... but, other than that... I don't try to baby the back too much... the front is what really matters and we all know that it's super tough to scratch that thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.