Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marklcfc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I currently use my iPhone SE 2022 but its coming upto 400 cycles and to be honest the battery has never been great, if I use it for a few hours and it needs to be charged which is a pain when I use it for my work which involves delivering and using GPS all throughout the day.

I'd like a better battery as in the newer more modern phones but the problem is I have avoided OLED screens, I'm thinking I should just replace this battery which is on 89% and carry on with it. Does anyone else in this type of work have any solutions? Mine is just using a power bank but again its a pain plugging in and out all the time just to last the day.

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
You might also consider using a battery case, that might help a lot (though the extra size and weight would make carrying the phone just a little bit more of a hassle).

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
I currently use my iPhone SE 2022 but its coming upto 400 cycles and to be honest the battery has never been great, if I use it for a few hours and it needs to be charged which is a pain when I use it for my work which involves delivering and using GPS all throughout the day.

I'd like a better battery as in the newer more modern phones but the problem is I have avoided OLED screens, I'm thinking I should just replace this battery which is on 89% and carry on with it. Does anyone else in this type of work have any solutions? Mine is just using a power bank but again its a pain plugging in and out all the time just to last the day.
As you say, the battery have never been great anyway, so replacing it will not do so much? I would recommend the 14 plus or any pro max.

marklcfc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
With LCD the 11 is your last choice. Batterylife is about 50% better
iPhone compare says 17 hours for 11 vs 15 for the se2020, but is only using an A13 vs the A15 I have now, and 4g so not sure I'd be much better off.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

Get a wireless "magnetic" battery bank. It looks like a really thick phone case. No wires to mess with.

MacProFCP

Contributor
Jun 14, 2007
Michigan

If you’re driving why not charge it?

If battery is suffering at only one year old, chances are a new battery isn’t going to help much. You probably should get a different model with better battery life.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
My SE is on a magnetic charger stand right now. The model is MMX53LL/A
I thought you had meant something like a MagSafe battery pack which is only available for the iPhone 12 and 13 lines.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
If you are using an app say with a map which utilizes GPS constantly all day then that is going to be a huge battery drain. Looking at just one phone battery comparison site https://reboxed.co/blogs/outsidethebox/the-best-iphones-for-battery-life-ranked-reboxed

"These tests, conducted on MrWhosTheBoss YouTube channel (video here) were based on the highest intensity use, gaming, streaming, switching apps etc, consistently over the period of time up until the battery died. "

It looks like the best result is 10 hours but that is not using GPS, voice, messaging etc.

If your battery is 89% then it could be better, but isn't bad. Need to be <80% for Apple Battery replacement.

Looks like the SE 2022 battery is rated at 2018 mAh, as opposed to the 14 Pro Maxs' 4323. Possibly apples to oranges as lots of hardware differences.

I have avoided OLED screens,

Why?

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
I’ve helped move a few friends who do deliveries to MagSafe charging iPhones.
You can mount an Apple MagSafe charger to the dash with the right usb plug and some double sided tape.
This makes it nice and easy to throw on or pick up as you get in and out to make deliveries, plus you never run out of charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.