Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Just wanted to highlight that when reduce motion is turned on, it makes the phone seem very buggy. For example, closing down apps is a little glitchy and also making new tabs in safari is really "jumpy" and "buggy".

When reduce motion is turned off, it is fine again ?

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Yeh I had mine off from iOS9 (it kept the settings upgrading) and couldnt figure out why it was freezing in the app switcher closing an app and looked glitchy in Safari tabs etc.

Turned it off an everything is smooth now. Probably just not finished yet in Beta 1.

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Yeh I had mine off from iOS9 (it kept the settings upgrading) and couldnt figure out why it was freezing in the app switcher closing an app and looked glitchy in Safari tabs etc.

Turned it off an everything is smooth now. Probably just not finished yet in Beta 1.

I hope it's fixed soon, I've gotten used to reduce motion now

Latinking25

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2015
Wow I had reduce motion on and I just turned it off and the difference is big. My phone is way faster and less buggy nd by the way I'm on 6s 10 beta

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I'll try that. I noticed that even with reduce motion ON that some transitions like unlock to home screen and home screen to open an app were still doing motion. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon as I don't like all the ,Orion and it reduces battery life

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Its a huge difference off to on. Needs to be added to the Wiki here. I follow all of the threads and never saw anything about it.

All the sticky "Changes" thread said about it was:
  • Choppy performance when switching tabs in Safari with Reduce Motion switched on.
Its a LOT more than just Safari tabs. Task switcher stutters and locks up and its very evident in a lot of areas of the OS.

Totally different feel to the phone. On it was stuttery and froze, off it rarely ever locks up or stutters.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
I actually have better performance with RM turned on lol. 6S Plus. Weird.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
It may feel feel quicker yeh, but I was getting bad hangups when force closing an app in the app switcher with it enabled. also Safari tabs was glitchy.

I get a random freeze force closing an app even when off, but much much more rarely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.