Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
I have mentioned that sometimes the phone becomes very very hot (without any special apps open and without charging) and in 5-6 minutes it cools down (without doing anything ). Anyone faces the same ?

moomanjohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
California
I have mentioned that sometimes the phone becomes very very hot (without any special apps open and without charging) and in 5-6 minutes it cools down (without doing anything ). Anyone faces the same ?

I was facing the same issue on my iPhone 6, I've been able to fix it by turning off Background App Refresh.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
The first thing I did was to disable the background refresh and to untick all search options. But the hot is still present from time to time.
By the way - could you check your battery statistics by apps (and click on the app list) to see if you have some background activities ? doesn't matter I have disable the background activities , it still showing some apps consumer power on "background activities"

johnnyboy360

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2010
The first thing I did was to disable the background refresh and to untick all search options. But the hot is still present from time to time.
By the way - could you check your battery statistics by apps (and click on the app list) to see if you have some background activities ? doesn't matter I have disable the background activities , it still showing some apps consumer power on "background activities"

Background Activities settings are being ignored. Go to background activities and globally turn them on but manually turn them all off. Go back to previous menu, then go back in and they are all on still. That is it. (Credit Yun0)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

When I upgraded to iOS 9 it was hot for a while. I'm guessing it was indexing. It's finally cooled down since.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Background Activities settings are being ignored. Go to background activities and globally turn them on but manually turn them all off. Go back to previous menu, then go back in and they are all on still. That is it. (Credit Yun0)
Yep. No way to switch some of them off. Always are back on.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I installed iOS 9.0b1 on my iPad Air 2 just to play around with the new features (and then went back to 8.4b4) and my iPad did get pretty hot after I installed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.