Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antmit

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Just seems to bobble about for a second, open FT and then does nothing.

I do however receive texts from non - iMessage contacts through to my Mac. Awesome stuff that.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Just seems to bobble about for a second, open FT and then does nothing.

I do however receive texts from non - iMessage contacts through to my Mac. Awesome stuff that.

Have you tried responding to texts from non-iMessage contacts in messages? Mine keep sending as iMessages for some reason.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
From what it seems, it's currently not up and running in this beta.

There's an off chance it's not supported for older macs as well (my biggest fear as I'm on a 2011 Macbook Pro), what model Mac do you have?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Are you sure about this? I'm not able to send or receive text from my Mac (iPhone iOS7). How does the iPhone know to do this without having iOS8?

What about phone calls. Are you also saying they work on iOS7?

Also Apple says other wise. Are you saying this is wrong?

"With OS X Yosemite and an iPhone running iOS 8, you can send and receive SMS and MMS text messages right from your Mac...."

Yeah, I couldn't get SMS functionality to work until I updated my iPhone to iOS 8. Now it works flawlessly.

I am still not able to send an SMS through messages, but if someone texts me first and then I respond, it works fine. This wasn't working yesterday and it started working all of a sudden today.

natalydia

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2014
Hi, the phone works perfectly and ios taking yosemite 8 must-have bluetooth enabled (Tested on mac mini) messages if they do not work at all.

zampe

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2011

Hahaha, why do people just say things??

YES it does require iOS8 on your iphone and that your iphone is in range to communicate with your computer running Yosemite. SMS, phone calls etc are all routed through your iphone running iOS8. These new features involve the two OSes now talking to eachother, whether it is over wifi or bluetooth is still unclear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.