Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I have posted a number of personal reviews in this forum on several devices. Well here is where I do a summary comparison of these and a couple of others I did not post here.

I rated these against a scale of 1-10 based on my usage. I am quite sure that others may/will have diffent experiences. I used these as my personal device where I also like to travel and hike. I used these as a work device (engineer).

Categories and a little description ;)
Ease of Use: How easy were these to use day to day? Did it involve swearing and rebooting?
Bug Level: How often did I run into use bugs? Were they easy to work around? Were they long term bugs?
Battery: Pretty simple :)
Screen: Clarity and color.
Camera: Did it do what I needed? Not looking for professional stuff here.
WiFI/Cell: How was the connectivity? Drop signal? Degrading signal? Switching between signal types.
BT: How are the connections? Do they last or drop?
Setup: When I unboxed the device and set it up, was it easy or problematic? Slow or fast?
Outdoor: USing this outdoors how did the screen do? How was the signal? Did it overheat in the sun?
Productivity: Was I able to do all I needed on device at that time? Did I have to transfer to an alternative device (laptop)?
Customization: Could I setup the look/layout/widgets like I wanted to fit my use?

I still have a few of these in my possession and a couple are promise gifted. All in all it has been an interesting time. Some I was given to test, others for work, others I bought myself.

Anyway, take a gander below to get my overall thoughts. I am currently using the V2 as my main, the S24U as BU, and the 15PM for work.
I did spot a typo - OS for the V2 is H7. H8 is A14. 🤨

Comments and questions are welcome.

IMG_0527.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.