Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpepdan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017
VA
Am curious about how much you use your phone (in your hand) after purchasing an Apple Watch.

Currently have a 6 and am going to buy my first watch (3, GPS) and need to upgrade my phone

but am on the fence with current offerings.

Do you still pull out the phone and use it as much as you did prior to owning a watch?

Thanks!

Last edited:

IamDave

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
United Kingdom
For me personally I still use the phone as much as I used to before the watch. As much as I like the watch I sill feel limited by it in some way or another. Like trying to dictate a reply or send a message through Siri is frustrating as it never gets it right and after a few attempts I decided it's quicker to just use my phone!

Reactions: cpepdan

My1stApple

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Like the previous reply I still use the phone as much for the same reasons. However, I always glance at my watch first for all notifications and from there decide if I need to take my phone out at that moment or if it can wait. I love my watch. I have the first generation ( got it on launch day) and couldn't go back to a regular one.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
I use my phone less that I did before Ihad the watch but not as much less as I thought I would. I find that I rarely use my phone around the house any more, as I can do most things from my watch using Siri, but I don't really use Siri at work (it's just odd to talk out loud to a watch in an office setting), but I do feel more comfortable leaving my desk without my phone, knowing that I won't miss any calls, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.