Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Torontocell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Now that our iPad 2 is jailbroken, has anyone installed the phoneit iPad app for the iPad 2? This is the app that was developed by iPhone Islam and turns your iPad into an phone.

djkinetic

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Chicago, IL
3g only i believe as it uses cellular networks to place calls and send text messages, which means u need the 3g radio and not the WIFI only which would use VOIP

Torontocell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
It works only on the 3G version. The repo is http://apps.iphoneislam.com/

It cost $20 but turns your iPad into a fully functional "iphone" with text capability.

I just wanted to make sure it works for the iPad 2 before I buy the program. It is unfortunate that they have a trial on this product. It claims to work for iPad 1 3G though.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
So it doesn't work in WiFi? It's not worth spending $20 to try it out.

It ONLY works on 3G, its not a maybe, its a definitive.
The Wifi only version of the iPad does not have the required hardware to interface with the gsm/3g antennas which phone and texting uses.

the question isn't weather it works on the Wifi, its weather it works on the iPad 2 3g+WiFi.

Have they ever updated it past release, even once? Is a new update on its way?
I'm uncertain how well it works, how stable it is, but is it as good as they advertise? I think I'll land on paying for it, but i'd rather test it first.

Torontocell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
It ONLY works on 3G, its not a maybe, its a definitive.
The Wifi only version of the iPad does not have the required hardware to interface with the gsm/3g antennas which phone and texting uses.

the question isn't weather it works on the Wifi, its weather it works on the iPad 2 3g+WiFi.

Have they ever updated it past release, even once? Is a new update on its way?
I'm uncertain how well it works, how stable it is, but is it as good as they advertise? I think I'll land on paying for it, but i'd rather test it first.

I am pretty sure if it works on ipad 1 3g on 4.3.3 then there is a good chance it will be work in the ipad 2 3g as well. Also since the ipad 2 supports bluetooth headset profile, the calls can come throigh bluetooth headset as well unlike the ipad 1.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
in the repo says it works only for the iPad1 (iPad 2 coming soon).

just stay tune for the update.

gerabbi

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2009
This hack works as advertised on iPad 1 3G Makes for a big iPhone but it comes in handy in some times and places

gerabbi

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2009
how does this work? I take it you have to have ATT or Verizon pre paid service enabled?

IPad is factory unlocked works with any micro sim, at least with ATT or T-Mobile in USA. I'm on TMO and BIL is on ATT so I know both of those work. As always ymmv.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
does anybody have issue when buying it? i tried to buy it, put my serial number and every time i clicked the continue button, it will take me back to the previous page telling me to put the serial number again.

pchan0

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
Did they update the app yet to work with iPad 2 4.3.3 with the latest jailbreak?

lostboyz

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
Singapore
does anybody have issue when buying it? i tried to buy it, put my serial number and every time i clicked the continue button, it will take me back to the previous page telling me to put the serial number again.

do they ask for ur udid or serial number? i think should be udid..

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
do they ask for ur udid or serial number? i think should be udid..

they asked for serial number. by the way i sent an email to the developer and here's the reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sorry we do not support iPad 2 yet But we working hard on that. And sure will email you once it ready.

Sent from my iPhone

On ٠٨‏/٠٧‏/٢٠١١, at ٥:٥٧ م, Adi Chandra Hidajat <*********.com> wrote:

i have tried buying phoneitipad, but every time i put my serial number and clicked continue button, it always took me back to enter the correct serial number. why is this happening?

hope to see a reply soon, and thanks for making this amazing app.

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.