Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zejtun

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Hi,
My wife has a strange problem with Photos on our Imac running Catalina. This started a couple of months ago and continues. The problem is when importing photos from her Sony Cybershot the first photo (or video) on the list will not import. I tried to import into a MBP running Catalina and it works fine, meaning the camera, sd, and cabling are fine. Using image capture also works. With help from Apple we ascertained that this problem also occurs with a new user.
So, I think that the problem is a corrupt Photo app or the Catalina os. The Apple rep suggested to reinstall Catalina from recovery. I'm not so sure that this would overwrite a corrupt file meaning a clean install is necessary. So, we decided to now make the first photo a redundant one, or use image capture and copy the photos into the dedicated album.
Has anybody else experienced this problem and found a solution other than a clean install?
Thanks for any answers anyone has.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.