Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
_MG_9985.jpg

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
During my routine three-mile stroll, I chanced upon an antique tractor parked along a street in the Old Rosedale Gardens neighborhood (Livonia, Michigan). As I approached, I initially believed it was for sale, but it turned out to be simply parked there for an unknown reason. My iPhone 13 mini captures impressive images, if I may say so. It's a shame Apple discontinued the mini model, as I appreciate its compact size, which slips effortlessly into my pocket without feeling like I'm carrying a slab of cardboard. 🤣
img-old-tracker-001.jpg

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
During my routine three-mile stroll, I chanced upon an antique tractor parked along a street in the Old Rosedale Gardens neighborhood (Livonia, Michigan). As I approached, I initially believed it was for sale, but it turned out to be simply parked there for an unknown reason. My iPhone 13 mini captures impressive images, if I may say so. It's a shame Apple discontinued the mini model, as I appreciate its compact size, which slips effortlessly into my pocket without feeling like I'm carrying a slab of cardboard. 🤣
View attachment 2195347
That is a nice looking tractor, did you catch what brand it was? (I have a pretty nice tractor myself :))

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Looks delicious, I find most tomatoes in the stores lacking flavor like they used to have.
Thanks! Wish I could say that it was one I was growing myself, but nope, this was a store-bought one and while I was watching the rain coming down I thought, I wonder what kinds of shots I would get if I put a tomato out on the deck railing and the camera and I stood back on the covered deck and fired off exposures, well protected from the downpour? I sacrificed a tomato from the bunch I'd recently bought at the grocery store, plucked it from the section of vine connecting it to its mates, and set it out on the deck railing.... Voila! One of the results....

I agree, most store-bought tomatoes, especially throughout the colder months of the year in the Mid-Atlantic states, are pretty much lacking in flavor. I'm already looking forward to later in the summer when tomatoes can be grown at home or purchased at a farm market, brought straight there right from the garden, ready for purchase and enjoyment -- such a difference in flavors and taste experiences!

Last edited:

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Thanks! Wish I could say that it was one I was growing myself, but nope, this was a store-bought one and while I was watching the rain coming down I thought, I wonder what kinds of shots I would get if I put a tomato out on the deck railing and the camera and I stood back on the covered deck and fired off exposures, well protected from the downpour? I sacrificed a tomato from the bunch I'd recently bought at the grocery store, plucked it from the section of vine connecting it to its mates, and set it out on the deck railing.... Voila! One of the results....

I agree, most store-bought tomatoes, especially throughout the colder months of the year in the Mid-Atlantic states, are pretty much lacking in flavor. I'm already looking forward to later in the summer when tomatoes can be grown at home or purchased at a farm market, brought straight there right from the garden, ready for purchase and enjoyment -- such a difference in flavors and taste experiences! "intert "
I so agree and it is one of the things I love most about living out in the boonies on large acreage growing vegetables, fruit and flowers... and eating things when they are in season, tonight I'm eating asparagus that I cut this morning "insert tiny non existing asparagus emoticon".

Reactions: Clix Pix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.