Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Taken from inside the Vancouver International Airport this past August. Some amazing aboriginal art is showcased there.

IMG_7971.jpeg

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
I’m more concerned why there are three. Different containers of 100’s and 1000’s. You must all be bouncing off the callings!
It would be a tragedy to run out of sprinkles!

There are actually five containers here; the two on the left are different. The top one has non pareils, little round ones balls. The bottom one is the waxy kind also known as jimmies. Then the two next to those with the red lids are star sprinkles and chocolate sprinkles (jimmies), and then the shorter red lidded one is another container of non pareils. My daughter had to make a cake for a class project a couple of months ago that called specifically for the non pareils; I think we bought a new container because while sugar and food coloring doesn't really spoil, we figured fresh ones were probably better to serve to classmates. 🙂

Reactions: squawk7000

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Heads-up: The Auroras forecast indicates that the lights will be very active today/tonight (UTC time). If the forecast is correct, people living in the Northern US and Canada regions should be able to watch the show. I missed some of the most active Auroras last night and this morning because I thought that it was going to be cloudy all night. So I decided to sit on my comfortable "cough potato" chair to watch TV and forgot to look at the night sky. I only realized that it was nice and clear about 1:00AM when taking the dog outside. I snapped a few, but was too sleepy to drive a few miles from my house to my favorite locations. R6 and RF 15-35mm L somewhere around 18mm, f/2.8. This lens produces quite a beautiful starlight:
i-v5D2VbM.jpg

Last edited:

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Congratulations, Sparksd! You deserved that win!

Thanks. Great game and there is no question that Oregon is a great team, too. It could have gone either way if another quarter had been played. I'm not happy about the breakup of the Pac-12 and the loss of these great rivalries in the conference. Money talks ...

• Love
Reactions: C0ncreteBl0nde

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Thanks. Great game and there is no question that Oregon is a great team, too. It could have gone either way if another quarter had been played. I'm not happy about the breakup of the Pac-12 and the loss of these great rivalries in the conference. Money talks ...
It's OT, but I've lost all interest in sports, pro and college both. I could really go on, but in a nutshell, billions of dollars go into sports betting annually, and the case law for sporting events is that they just need to show you a game. It could be discovered that a game was entirely fixed, and there is zero legal recourse, just maybe a potential loss of viewership.

College just makes me laugh. I drove through a couple college towns recently and the billboards on the highway in both towns had a beer brand being the "official sponsor" of the college. Let that sink in. Dry campuses having an official beer sponsor! Naw, it's about the "student athletes" that catch a football in front of millions of viewers today and then go home to study for that big Calculus final tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.