Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Yellowstone.

Yellowstone_IMG_9421.jpg

fauxtog

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2017
I love ji
.. two jigsaw puzzles gifted to daughter this Christmas ... thought they might keep her going for a while. She called earlier this morning and said the one on the right would be started today. Yeah, that's the one I hoped she would start first -- a fun time ahead.

View attachment 2330044
I love jigsaw puzzles too. Would start with the one on the right as well.

Reactions: oldBCguy

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Is it me, or that picture (especially that fox) is heavily smoothened or overprocessed?

Did you take that picture with an A15 or A16 device, running iOS 15 or 16?

Excuse the off-topic.

No, it is oversmoothed as it is a zoom from an original that wasn't too good. Here is the original, no processing other than conversion from RAW in Lightroom -

IMG_9421a.jpg

Not one of my favorites, by any means. Wished I'd had my high-end zoom on the camera at the time.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
No, it is oversmoothed as it is a zoom from an original that wasn't too good. Here is the original, no processing other than conversion from RAW in Lightroom -

View attachment 2330455

Not one of my favorites, by any means. Wished I'd had my high-end zoom on the camera at the time.
I have to admit that I had the same thought and that it looked a little like how AI smooths things out. I like this full size image better but I understand that you wanted to highlight the fox more. Still great shot and so fun to capture this beauty in the snow.

Reactions: Populus and sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I have to admit that I had the same thought and that it looked a little like how AI smooths things out. I like this full size image better but I understand that you wanted to highlight the fox more. Still great shot and so fun to capture this beauty in the snow.

I debated whether to post that one because I don't care for how it looks myself - it certainly doesn't measure up to the standards I like to hold for my photography. But I like that fox and it was the only one we saw during the trip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.