Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven-iphone

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
United States
*Voting Has Concluded. Thanks to everyone for participating.*

I created this forum thread for members of MacRumors Photo of the Day group to select an upcoming studio wall image of mine.

The photograph is the primary image on the wall at 16x24" - with two 12x18" framed photographs to the left (as sample pictured below from previous display).

Four images are included in the selection below. Create a post with the number you select and comments if desired.

Voting will close 3-days after selection images are posted.

At least 5 votes are desired to determine a possible tie breaker.

The selected photograph will include a card label below on the wall with the following statement and MR forum members online name:

"This photograph has been selected online by the MacRumors Photography group forum members; (names)"

ac9e3d39a2efd5dc8a62b7052e620ce1.jpg
ee03f7992f42d0f2671d92cbb1d2145a.jpg

Last edited:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
"The selected photograph will include a card label below on the wall with the following statement and MR forum members online name:

"This photograph has been selected online by the MacRumors Photography group forum members; (names)"

That's a nice idea but really, why would any (presumably local to your area) viewers standing in the gallery looking at this display care about some website's forum group members' user names? IMHO simply stating that some of the MR Photography Digital Forum participants selected the primary/showcased image would be sufficient....

Also, as a suggestion for next time: please separate the photos at least by one or two spaces so that each image can be fully appreciated on its own rather than crammed up against the one above it and the one below it.

Others may have their thoughts on this.

Reactions: katbel

Steven-iphone

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
United States
"The selected photograph will include a card label below on the wall with the following statement and MR forum members online name:

That's a nice idea but really, why would any (presumably local to your area) viewers standing in the gallery looking at this display care about some website's forum group members' user names? IMHO simply stating that some of the MR Photography Digital Forum participants selected the primary/showcased image would be sufficient....

Also, as a suggestion for next time: please separate the photos at least by one or two spaces so that each image can be fully appreciated on its own rather than crammed up against the one above it and the one below it.

Others may have their thoughts on this.

I value your input. The dedication on the wall is in respect to the person's who took the time to vote. You may leave a comment to me not to include your name, if your selection is choosen.

I am sorry you had visual issues with the image stacking.

Best.

To add: In May the arts district will have a multi-day arts festival attracting 10s-of-thousands of visitors, local and from other states. I have spoken with many people from other states during the normal monthly gallery events.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clix Pix

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
I agree about separating the photos: on the wall they’re not stacked because the space helps to evaluate each one. So it does for us here 🙂
About the names: it will be a colourful note I guess .

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
My vote is for #1. I noticed 'Total Sale' does't go above $9.99! Those were the days, I remember those clear glass portals. I am probably too late to vote, but nice work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.