Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Goslings! The first ones we've seen around here in several years, so a special delight.....

Mom, Dad and Their Two Goslings.jpeg

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
We flew to Poland for a few days last week. My picture from yesterday was taken in Auschwitz, this one is probably instantly recognizable to most which is in Birkenau. Many don't realize that Auschwitz and Birkenau are in two different locations about 3km apart.

Always an emotional place to visit. I highly recommend visiting if you can. Not just a bucket list item but to fully appreciate what the Nazis had created and their actions as a result. Just the sheer scale of Birkenau is a surprise to many when you are there to see it.

I took about 400 images on the day between both camps. My first visit was enough years ago that having to regularly change the film in the camera was a thing, digital photography didn't exist.

IMG_0669.JPG

Steven-iphone

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2020
United States
We flew to Poland for a few days last week. My picture from yesterday was taken in Auschwitz, this one is probably instantly recognizable to most which is in Birkenau. Many don't realize that Auschwitz and Birkenau are in two different locations about 3km apart.

Always an emotional place to visit. I highly recommend visiting if you can. Not just a bucket list item but to fully appreciate what the Nazis had created and their actions as a result. Just the sheer scale of Birkenau is a surprise to many when you are there to see it.

I took about 400 images on the day between both camps. My first visit was enough years ago that having to regularly change the film in the camera was a thing, digital photography didn't exist.

View attachment 2196838
Birkenau is know for the medical experiments. Horrible places.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.