Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.
Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.
Policies
  • One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.
  • All photos should be your own work (unless special circumstances have been agreed).
  • Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.
  • SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.
  • Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.
  • Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post to maintain all the formatting.
  • ** To see all of our past POTD threads (up to July 2013) please see the sticky thread here**
  • ** To see all of the POTD threads from August 2013 onwards see the thread here**
Cheers :)

Hugh

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
7AF38E0B-2F0F-48D1-9243-F4615FBCAD4B.jpeg

There is no place like New York City in the world. Heard about New York City back in the late 90s when I was a little girl. Could not even imagine in million years how I would make it there. It was not possible and did not stand a chance. All I could do was have dreams about it. The only thing I remember was the big lavish downtown buildings. At that time, I was into drawing and sketching so I would draw buildings everywhere. Took me 20+ years in the making to make it to New York City all alone. After constantly dreaming nonstop it finally became a reality.

Was I dreaming? No! wait... I was there... Yes, I was actually there... I saw it with my own eyes, I was breathing the NYC air, I felt it, I saw the buildings, traffic, people, pollution, food, energy, I saw it all.

It was not a delusion... It was real. ✨

I was actually there.. I was there.. 💫

Shot was taken directly from the Top of the Rock NYC Observation Deck ~ 70th Floor ~ Open Outdoor Wide Deck ~ Rockefeller Center, New York City, New York.

1667297984794.jpeg

Last edited:

macguru212

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2009
AZ/NYC/Tokyo
There is no place like New York City in the world. Heard about New York City back in the late 90s when I was a little girl. Could not even imagine in million years how I would make it there. It was not possible and did not stand a chance. All I could do was have dreams about it. The only thing I remember was the big lavish downtown buildings. At that time, I was into drawing and sketching so I would draw buildings everywhere. Took me 20+ years in the making to make it to New York City all alone. After constantly dreaming nonstop it finally became a reality.

Was I dreaming? No! wait... I was there... Yes, I was actually there... I saw it with my own eyes, I was breathing the NYC air, I felt it, I saw the buildings, traffic, people, pollution, food, energy, I saw it all.

It was not a delusion... It was real. ✨

I was actually there.. I was there.. 💫

Shot was taken directly from the Top of the Rock NYC Observation Deck ~ 70th Floor ~ Open Outdoor Wide Deck ~ Rockefeller Center, New York City, New York.

View attachment 2106038
lol I've lived in Greenwich Village since 1972, when it was still the Village, but I would just love to experience NYC for the first time through fresh eyes, as a tourist or newcomer. I can't imagine that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.