Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
san juan islands ferry.jpeg

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
A small collection of razors. No clue where the straight razor came from. The one on the left we gave to my grandfather probably about 1968 when his hands got too shaky to safely use a straight blade. I've been using it since his death in 1975. The mechanism for opening up to change bades finally gave up the ghost. So the one on the right (and on the bottom) is its brand new replacement.

PA231130.jpg

Last edited:

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Only lens I had with me - we were out in the Oxfordshire countryside and I was hoping to get some red kites in flight. They never came close enough though ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh
Where I used to live, we had dozens of red kites. They'd be swirling round directly overhead hours every day. And, if the opportunity arose, they'd dive down into the gardens, pick something up, and fly off in one smooth and dramatic swoop. Never failing. Never touching the ground.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Where I used to live, we had dozens of red kites. They'd be swirling round directly overhead hours every day. And, if the opportunity arose, they'd dive down into the gardens, pick something up, and fly off in one smooth and dramatic swoop. Never failing. Never touching the ground.
Most beautiful birds, and I’m glad the populations are recovering 😁

Reactions: polyphenol
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.