Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Welcome to Photo of the Day - September 2022 (Fall Edition) 🍁🍂

I hope you all are doing well. The month, of September…Ahhhh… It is my favorite month of the year. Please allow me to introduce this special month. September brings us to the beginning of the autumn season 🍁. Watching the leaves change on the tree, going apple picking and unpredictable temptations all begin in September. Each day of the month has the potential to be a different temperature outside, and that unpredictability of September allows us to don our favorite new fall clothes. New energy comes with shorter days as there is less daylight for squandering. Perhaps it’s nature’s way of making use of every hour of precious daylight!

Most of all I like September because this is also a Christmas season for many of us as Apple will unveil the new iPhone 14 Line up and Apple Watch Series 8 Line up within just a week. Having that being said that, I hope this month will bring us comfort, excitement, happiness, and joy.

Happy sharing and best wishes to all,
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗

The POTD thread was started by iGary in May 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month. Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies
  • One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.
  • All photos should be your own work (unless special circumstances have been agreed).
  • Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.
  • SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site-wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.
  • Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture, and Lens.
  • Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote from this post to maintain all the formatting.
  • ** To see all of our past POTD threads (up to July 2013) please see the sticky thread here**
** To see all of the POTD threads from August 2013 onwards see the thread here**

Last edited:
To start the month of September right, the photo below is one of a kind. It holds a very special place inside my heart. Something I will never forget. Believe it or not, getting there was not an easy task. It was a total nightmare. I drove well 300+ miles just to take this photo. Taking off from Santa Barbara, California to Los Angeles, California. Caught myself stuck in busy traffic, driving safely and fast, hoping I would be able to catch the California sunset. Hoping I make it there and it doesn’t get too dark. Hoping it is not going to be too crowded and I can capture this spectacular photo. Rest assured everything worked out. 💫

Most of you may have seen this famous shot somewhere however my story is different. After arriving at this hidden spot. I was truly amazed by the spectacular view. I was just left speechless. It was a breathtaking moment, I did not know what to say to myself anymore. It instantly took my breath away. Suddenly it dawned on me, how I have made it here. All the way living from in a poor third-world country to this... facing desperate times and hunger, getting kicked out of school to going to grad school, and then graduating with a Master's Degree with honors, just the value of this precious time, life, and opportunities... Just a different level of mindset in a different world, something I really can't explain with words on a personal level...

The gloomy sky, the L.A. skyline shinning through, The L.A. downtown red lights blinking at the top of the buildings back to back in slow motion, the L.A. traffic, the sound of cars, the sound of the helicopter, the smell of gasoline, the rush hour of people heading to different places and most importantly the amazing view of the DTLA just left me completely speechless. It was truly stunningly amazing. I stood there and watched this view for hours like a little girl. 🙇🏻‍♀️

It just felt like I could stay here forever and watch this spectacular view. This is truly what the American Dream looks like on the West Coast. ✨ The Land of Opportunity! ✨

1662017264444.jpeg

hzgJs9RuKn3HNDA9NkJb_J3gb8hkyk5KqXJin16_2G2dg82JSE_I3cv_HUTEIKooZDUYSUJ4jN_OKy89Gh7mFK6_c8FD5xZXwexPmBGiv6jcc5WAezwVaRFgFSemZWKwp3y9JK-m51qnlrYYEM_dbT9wv_WxQWP9yABE-PZRJokW5DZ-4Rsd_EIg5g
Interstate and State Route
r1JyYBtGyYL68cRGIznHH9vcP02rXJgqfaGR8RLkrIEGcvYiUUqxSYoDIvvoWu1h7oeuXKvypp5Ao1PGue10dBZc46wJ7PGVpJd6md4r8xXEnxoiuiv4Tz239Upgryl5iJPP_ng3AWPGGDLLXqUlEwPr4bEi_hWEJalBSaLsCqU7KVwwARAQe1xBVw
110 Freeway, City of Angels, Los Angeles, California, USA.

Last edited:

bitcloudrzr

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2012
The gloomy sky, the L.A. skyline shinning through, The L.A. downtown red lights blinking at the top of the buildings back to back in slow motion, the L.A. traffic, the sound of cars, the sound of the helicopter, the smell of gasoline, the rush hour of people heading to different places and most importantly the amazing view just left me completely speechless.
Yeah but did you help the guy underneath the overpass?

head-in.gif

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
My first for September is a photo from early last month.

IMG_6819.jpeg

Our friend is taking a brealk from fishing in the Rhone river, the building is the "Batiment des Forces Motrices" which was an old hydroelectric station built in the 19th century and now used for cultural events. Needs a clean up though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.