Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maffymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
since updating ios7 in photos/Albums not all my photos are showing in My Photo Stream they are all in desk top control panel & Camera roll but not on my iphone 5 can anyone tell me how to fix this thanks as i want to remove them local and just store them on icloud

thank you

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
since updating ios7 in photos/Albums not all my photos are showing in My Photo Stream they are all in desk top control panel & Camera roll but not on my iphone 5 can anyone tell me how to fix this thanks as i want to remove them local and just store them on icloud

thank you

What's missing? Old stuff?

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Yea have 1200 photos in camera roll (had son in june) & only 297 showing in My photo stream

There is your problem. Photostream only maintains the last 30 days of photos. (If you create a shared Photostream the entire contents stay until you delete the stream).

Maffymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
There is your problem. Photostream only maintains the last 30 days of photos. (If you create a shared Photostream the entire contents stay until you delete the stream).

does that mean i can create a stream & share then delete from camera roll and they will stay in stream and not total delete them thank you

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
does that mean i can create a stream & share then delete from camera roll and they will stay in stream and not total delete them thank you

If you create a Shared Photo Stream, ensure all the photos are in that stream... It SHOULD be safe to delete from camera roll. (please backup before you try).

Inframan

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles, California
That's so strange, i was actually just thinking how much quicker my photos from my iPhone are now showing up in my iPhoto on my desk top. I hope you get it figured out.

Maffymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
If you create a Shared Photo Stream, ensure all the photos are in that stream... It SHOULD be safe to delete from camera roll. (please backup before you try).

thank you very much for you help very much appreciated :)

pdutta2000

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008

I have a question on this because my ipad has almost 1000 pics in photo stream all the way back to December 2012 and I expected my iPhone 5 that was upgraded to iOS 7 to download all those pics. Instead I got 69 random pics. Some in April. Some in August. Is this just a bug that I live with? I tried turning photo stream on and off. Same with the phone.

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
I have a question on this because my ipad has almost 1000 pics in photo stream all the way back to December 2012 and I expected my iPhone 5 that was upgraded to iOS 7 to download all those pics. Instead I got 69 random pics. Some in April. Some in August. Is this just a bug that I live with? I tried turning photo stream on and off. Same with the phone.

Yeah, that's a weird bug. Should have only downloaded photos taken in the last 30 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.