Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Is it possible to move a photo of a QR code to the Home Screen? I do not want to make it my wallpaper, just want a photo of the code.

Thank you

Reactions: MrKennedy

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Eh?! What do you mean?! Not set as a wallpaper but want the image on the screen?!

If you just want to have the image as an extra item beside your app icons then you can use widgets to show the image of the QR code always as an extra item on the Home Screen.

Who uses QR code outside of China anyway?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Eh?! What do you mean?! Not set as a wallpaper but want the image on the screen?!

If you just want to have the image as an extra item beside your app icons then you can use widgets to show the image of the QR code always as an extra item on the Home Screen.

Thank you

MrKennedy

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011

Displaying as a widget is a great solution!

You know QR codes are still used worldwide, right?

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Thank you both. Is there a web site you can direct me to that will instruct me on how to do this. Am a newbie to anything 'smart.'

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Displaying as a widget is a great solution!

You know QR codes are still used worldwide, right?

Really?! Clearly I’ve missed it. Which countries have you seen these being used properly outside of China?

I travel a fair bit thanks to my work and also my spontaneous breaks. At least I haven’t seen it being used widely in any of the countries I’ve been to in Europe or South Asia, even in Australia, New Zealand and the US.

Rhyalus

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
QR codes have been big during the pandemic. Places that don’t want to hand out menus, etc.

R

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.