Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VanNess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
California
Jpegs viewed in the finder appear to be over saturated when viewed in the Finder/Quicklook whereas viewing the same jpeg file in Preview looks correct color wise and doesn't appear over saturated. I suspect the finder is not using the correct color profile but I'm not really if that's the reason is technically. In any event finder info seems to indicate it's using RGB for the color space instead of sRGB which Preview appears to use. In any event my Nikon jpegs looked like there were shot in vivid in Mojave but look fine in prior versions of MacOS.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 5.44.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 5.45.01 PM.png

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
jpgs here look perfectly normal; in the finder, in preview, in quicklook. you might want to investigate the problem you're having as opposed to warning others of imminent danger, ie find out first if everyone is having the problem; no one reported this on the betas, and no one else (yet) has mentioned it.

Reactions: Project Alice
Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Jpegs viewed in the finder appear to be over saturated when viewed in the Finder/Quicklook whereas viewing the same jpeg file in Preview looks correct color wise and doesn't appear over saturated. I suspect the finder is not using the correct color profile but I'm not really if that's the reason is technically. In any event finder info seems to indicate it's using RGB for the color space instead of sRGB which Preview appears to use. In any event my Nikon jpegs looked like there were shot in vivid in Mojave but look fine in prior versions of MacOS.

View attachment 790222
View attachment 790223

Color Space and Color Profile are not the same thing though often confused ;) As an example convert image to CMYK. You will see the color space will show as CMYK but color profile will be Fogra 39 or US Web Coated V2.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.