Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
Configuration:
iOS 11.2.6, iPhone X

Details:
Often when I try to send photos and/or videos (regardless of send method, email and iMessage this happens) the app just hangs at the screen to enter the recipient name and the photos are attach (i.e. the TO: line).

Killing the Photos app and the related app doesn't fix it. I get to the attachment screen and it again freezes the app.

The only way to fix it so I can send photos is to restart the iPhone X. Then it works ok for some period of time until it does this again.

I contacted Apple Support which was useless. They tried to have me settings reset, which I refused to do, then wanted me to do a some sort of restore which I again refused. I've been asked to do these two steps all the time with Apple in last 10 years and it never fixed anything.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

sbcdk

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Yup. Been like that for a looong time. Comes and goes. Clean install doesn’t help. Still an issue on 11.3 beta 3.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
Yup. Been like that for a looong time. Comes and goes. Clean install doesn’t help. Still an issue on 11.3 beta 3.

Thanks I appreciate knowing it's not my specific X having an issue and that a wipe restore won't fix it.

sbcdk

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
My iPad 10.5 does the same thing. Could be some app we have installed, since this issues isn’t discussed that much.

sbcdk

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Sorry. Too late. My iPhone X just died. Green line syndrome. Gotta make preparations to turn it in for replacement. Takes about two weeks here in Denmark...

Maybe later, I will try to find the time.

How many apps have you installed? I have about 150, so quite a bit of work to make a list (and check it twice! )...

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
108 apps.

Sorry. Too late. My iPhone X just died. Green line syndrome. Gotta make preparations to turn it in for replacement. Takes about two weeks here in Denmark...

Maybe later, I will try to find the time.

How many apps have you installed? I have about 150, so quite a bit of work to make a list (and check it twice! )...

sbcdk

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Bugger...

Well, if you want to, you can create a list and pm it. I’ll compare when I have the time.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
What helped prevent this issue for me is I just restart the iPhone every few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.