Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2015
So I had my wife and two daughters among others as identified people with their own sets of photos. This afternoon I noticed that my wife’s album had simply disappeared. I may have unwittingly done something or it could be related to me upgrading to ios12. I’ve noticed a couple pictures of myself in my daughter’s categories too which leads me to believe it may be an iOS issue.

Regardless, does anyone know how to rectify this? I want to have the algorithm rescrub my daughter’s photos to properly sort those with my wife in her own category.

Also, is there a way to manually select a face and assign it? Many times my infant to now 3 month old’s face doesn’t even register.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I feel for you. I just recovered from the same issue, it came out of nowhere and took me multiple weeks to go through and retag everything correctly. Mine didn't seem to be brought on by any iOS update though, I think it may just be a coincidence.

To my knowledge neither of these things can be done in iOS, only on Photos on a Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.