Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rigido

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2017
Rome, Italy
Hi,
I wrote a small command to "sync" the Photos.app Masters folder with a "normally" accessible folder (Pictures/iPhone), something like:
Code:
alias Synciphone='find ~/Pictures/Photos\ Library.photoslibrary/Masters -type f -ls -exec cp -pn {} ~/Pictures/iPhone/ \;'
I'm using Catalina PB build 19A512f and today I found there is no more a Masters folder but an almost empty Masters.legacy one.
I saw there is an "originals" folder but files are renamed like iTunes library used to do.

Can someone please help me find "masters" files or help me writing a procedure to query Photos database and copy+rename original files?

Reactions: Caesar_091

ricosuave

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2007
In front of my mac
Hi,
I wrote a small command to "sync" the Photos.app Masters folder with a "normally" accessible folder (Pictures/iPhone), something like:
Code:
alias Synciphone='find ~/Pictures/Photos\ Library.photoslibrary/Masters -type f -ls -exec cp -pn {} ~/Pictures/iPhone/ \;'
I'm using Catalina PB build 19A512f and today I found there is no more a Masters folder but an almost empty Masters.legacy one.
I saw there is an "originals" folder but files are renamed like iTunes library used to do.

Can someone please help me find "masters" files or help me writing a procedure to query Photos database and copy+rename original files?

The only solution I've found is to run a virtual machine or a spare Mac running Mojave or earlier OS. Use that library to backup using the original names. Even with Catalina, exporting "Originals" changes .JPG to .jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.