Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abiggs78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2017
Unless I'm missing something, in Photos when you try to edit a RAW photo in a third-party app, like Photoshop, by right-clicking on the photo and selecting "Edit with...", it only opens a JPEG version of the file in the third-party app. Bummer. I was hoping to open and edit RAW photos in the Photoshop RAW converter. Even if what is brought back into Photos is a JPEG.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Unless I'm missing something, in Photos when you try to edit a RAW photo in a third-party app, like Photoshop, by right-clicking on the photo and selecting "Edit with...", it only opens a JPEG version of the file in the third-party app. Bummer. I was hoping to open and edit RAW photos in the Photoshop RAW converter. Even if what is brought back into Photos is a JPEG.
I believe this is the functionality even in 10.12 right now. Frustrating that it doesn't hand off/ receive the RAW file and even more frustrating that this hasn't been implemented in 10.13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.