Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcmc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I’ve long harboured a sense that edits done to pictures in my library via the Photos app and saving / loading back and forth from iCloud Photos are not always saved. I’ll happen upon pictures that look like they need tweaking and these are often pictures that I was sure I had previously edited.

I’ve confirmed this issue on the back of a recent holiday in which I took plenty of pictures and went through them at the end of each day to tidy them up - my edits tend to be quite simple, usually just clicking the Magic Wand. A couple of weeks later and going through them again I notice that many of them (the majority, but not every one) have lost their edits somehow.

The curious thing is that when I click on such a photo to Edit and see that all the edit functions are at their default rather than what they were after I did the original edit, I do have an option to Revert - as if there is some sense that a change has been made. If I click that Revert nothing really happens as the picture is already in its original state because the edits have been lost.

Has anyone else encountered this very annoying issue?

jcmc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Sort of solved this. I don’t think it’s a Photos / sync issue, rather a Metapho app issue. I use this for fixing geolocation data with my pictures and I have realised it is is this that is overriding other edits when you save location data with that app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.