Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addison0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2022
Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 19.21.57.png

I am having an issue with importing photos from my iPhone to my Mac. The app shows that the import was successful, but when I go to the imported section none of the photos are there and they are never actually copied into the library.

I looked at the console and I get this PHPhotosErrorDomain Code=6101 whenever I try to import photos. I do not have iCloud photos turned on for the Mac or iPhone. I am using a MacBook Pro M1 and have tried importing photos from an iPhone 6, iPhone 8, and iPhone 11 Pro. This error still occurs after trying all these conditions:

1. Tested with system library and non-system library
  2. Tested with large library of 10k+ photos, a medium size library of about 300 photos, and a completely new empty library
  3. Tested with library on internal disk and external SSD (both have over 800 GBs of free space so that is not an issue)
  4. Tried moving in different size batches (1,000 photos, 100 photos, and even 1 photo at a time)
  5. Restarted Mac and iPhone various times
  6. Turned on airplane mode for both Mac and iPhone
  7. Tried using different cords, different ports, and different external SSDs
I have not been able to find this error mentioned anywhere else online. Most people seem to run into error codes -1, 3300, 3301, 3302, 3303, 3311, and 4302. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.