Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonbauer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Hi All,

Am syncing my Photos from the MacOS (10.13.6) Photos app to my iPhone X and iPad Pro. iOS 12 seems to do its categorizing correctly, as I can search for a category and can see that it found photos of what I'm looking for (I even see one of those photos previewed under the Categories area on the list!) however, when I select the category I want to see, I get "No Photos or Videos"

So for example, I search for "dog" - I see an area called Categories, and in that, I have 2 results. Under "Dog" I see that iOS found 111 instances, and I see one of the photos previewed, but selecting that gives me that message.

Yes, I know it's Beta, but seems like a pretty major issue...

Anyone else seeing similar behavior? This happened in the early Betas of iOS 11 too, so maybe it just takes time for Apple to fully implement? Kinda weird though...

- Thanx
- Jon

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
I'm not 100% sure about this, but last I knew, Categories were figured out on each device. I also recall people complaining that they had to setup Faces on each device too. This was back when they switched from iPhoto to Photos. Not sure if they ever changed that or not to be honest. So perhaps you just need to give it some time for each device to figure things out? I've had the beta loaded from day 1 and searching seems to be working fine on my device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.