Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrrissss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
UK
Hi
Just wondered how people are managing the photos on their iPhone, I only have a 16 gig iPhone that is constantly running out of space ,I don't have any music on my phone just podcast and the mainstream apps, I signed up for a 1Tb of iCloud photos storage thinking it'd free up space on my iPhone but it seemed to do the opposite and actually fill the whole phone up with photos and it wasn't possible to remove the photos as it said they would be deleted off iCloud too ! So I cancelled it and now I just delete pictures as I take them and use the google photos backup but of course this stops the iOS photos memories working which I found very good .
Have I misunderstood how iCloud photos works , it doesn't seem as if it'd work even if I had a 64 gig phone in respect to iCloud photos.
I like my phone but this iCloud in respect to storage seems to be becoming more of a nuisance than a help .

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
There's one trick downloading a big game from the Apple Store and it clears you like a few gigabytes...

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
In Settings>Photos & Camera> turn on "Optimize iPhone Storage". That should keep full size images in the cloud and low-res versions on the phone to save space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.