Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zejtun

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
I'm not receiving in line photos in mail running Yosemite. I do receive them on my mbp running Sierra. I have tried rebuilding mailboxes, unplugging and rebooting, had the sender resend nothing worked. There are 39 in line photos. Forwarding the email from the Imac(Yosemite)with the photos are received by my mbp.

Any help would be appreciated

Sonny

USB3foriMac

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2020
Singapore
One option is that the images are "remote content".
You can tick the option "Load remote content in messages" and see whether this helps. If not, keep it unticked, as spam and junk messages use pictures to track you, and loading "remote content" will let them know a) that you read their email, b) when you read their email, c) possibly even personal information.
So be careful with this option.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 11.34.17 AM.png

Zejtun

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
One option is that the images are "remote content".
You can tick the option "Load remote content in messages" and see whether this helps. If not, keep it unticked, as spam and junk messages use pictures to track you, and loading "remote content" will let them know a) that you read their email, b) when you read their email, c) possibly even personal information.
So be careful with this option.

View attachment 922686
Thanks,
I do have remote content checked. I also tried unchecking and rebooting and rechecking and rebooting but it did not work. I'll live with it for now; new imac in the fall.

Thanks once again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.