Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laP0mme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
Australia
Hello all,

Has anyone published a summary of all the changes impacting the Photos app in OS Mojave ? There is only very few and sketchy information about the changes, some are subtle , some are quite drastic.

Below is my observations so far:

1) Option to share photos on social media no longer available, Apple has removed the integration with third party internet account Flickr, FB, Twitter etc..

2) Option to order book and calendar no longer available, only available through third party extension. Furthermore these extensions allow users to create books/calendar while online only.

3) Photo metadata: By default all photos imported into Photos have a capture showing the file name (e.g. IMG_1250.CR2). That can be overwritten when adding a title to the photo. See below

4) I have notice a "bug" in the format of the date shown in the top bar of the photo, in the Photos or Moments tabs. The date is shown as day of the year and not as the actual date (259 2018 instead of 16 Septembre 2018. This is not an issue with Preferences > Language & Region or Date and Time, I have double checked that, and the bug appears on both my iMac and my MacBook Pro. See below.

Overall, I feel the Photo app has lost a little bit of appeal and is worse off in Mojave compared to High Sierra.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.02.55 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.02.55 pm.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.40.29 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.40.29 pm.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 52

aaronraimist

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2017
Did you have any problems with Photos being really really slow on High Sierra? For me it beachballs, the interface is really slow, and rarely syncs (this is on a decently powerful Mac Pro where no other apps perform like that).

I'm considering upgrading to Mojave soon in hopes that Mojave may fix Photos for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.