Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I am just wondering how comes running short on HD space and figured the Photos/iPhoto folder keeping growing even tho I don't use any of them and don't sync my iPhone pictures with them through iCloud, actually I use other softwares for my photography archival needs but just found out that my iPhoto libraries (I split them into three different ones back by the time I used to still use it) have been last updated few days ago and that even tho the masters folder has last been updated in January there is a resources folder updated two days ago which is growing to well over 4GB size, any hint what this might be due to?

Grazie

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Did you ever find out what caused this? I know even though I have iCloud photos off at the moment, the pictures I do have in the Photos app (iPhoto) will every now and then run at high CPU for some time doing analysis on the photos that are in there and increase the database size even if it hasn't been used in awhile. Was always curious as to what it was doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.