Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Just noticed something odd in Photos on both iOS10 and Sierra - about 200 of my photos that were previously correctly geotagged at various different locations in the UK are now showing on the map at Grange-over-Sands (in the UK), somewhere that I've never been in my life.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Wow. Apple schilling for the Grange-over-Sands tourist board. Follow the money :p

Seriously though, sounds odd. Perhaps check the exif of the photos using an app or a pc/Mac and see if the metadata is wrong or whether it's the photos app messing up?

DillyBob

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Speaking of Photos and geotagging: does the new Photos app Beta let you copy & paste geolocation data from one picture to another? (iPhoto & Aperture let you do this; so far, Photos has not). I'm not talking about typing in the name of a location in the Info pane; I mean copying the location of from one picture (say, in the middle of a large forest with no named landmark) and copying it to another picture that you took at the same place with a camera that lacks GPS.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Speaking of Photos and geotagging: does the new Photos app Beta let you copy & paste geolocation data from one picture to another? (iPhoto & Aperture let you do this; so far, Photos has not). I'm not talking about typing in the name of a location in the Info pane; I mean copying the location of from one picture (say, in the middle of a large forest with no named landmark) and copying it to another picture that you took at the same place with a camera that lacks GPS.

Not yet at least. You'll still need another app for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.