Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chemistry76

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
I've discovered I have some pictures that show up in the tab "All Photos". However, when I check the date of that photo (or group of photos), and then try and track it down under the "Years" or "Months" tab, the photos are not there.

Any clues?

Thanks.

cfurlin

Suspended
Jun 14, 2011
I've discovered I have some pictures that show up in the tab "All Photos". However, when I check the date of that photo (or group of photos), and then try and track it down under the "Years" or "Months" tab, the photos are not there.

Any clues?

Thanks.
I’ve had that same issue and it corrected itself at some point.

Try logging in to the web version of iCloud and look. They were displaying under the dates there so I assumed it was an issue with the app.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
I wonder if the DB on your mac uses the Finder's file system for date created and modified, whereas the cloud uses internally stored tags?
Finder has had a habit of changing created and mod dates of files all on its lonesome for at least 8 years now. If the files have names you can know, you might be able to find them on your mac using something like "Find Any File".

chemistry76

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
I found the problem. Simple I/O issue.

Idiot operator.

I misread the month. Read August in my head and it was April.

Reactions: Partron22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.