Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
I just got my mini 6 yesterday and have set it up, but none of my photos have loaded whatsoever and I can’t tell if it’s even accessing my iCloud. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
Open your Files app on the iPad and you can view the pictures in the iCloud. To save them to your device, select the ones you want and save them to your iPad. Click the little box with the up arrow on it, and “Save Image”. Hope this helps!

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
It’s already on. I am just getting blank iCloud logo pictures placeholders.

EDIT: I see it now, Mark. Thank you very much! Also, I am digging the mini. I can lay in bed with it instead of trying to manhandle my 12.9 iPad Pro. I have a strange feeling that my Pro might get neglected for a while. I went with the Purple. Loving it so far!

Last edited:

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
Something is not making sense about my iCloud. I selected all of the photos and it’s 1088, but I have over 12,000 in my iCloud that’s usable on both my iPhone and my iPad Pro. I’ve never had this issue with any of my Apple devices.

EDIT: I contacted Apple Support and I got my photos to sync up.

Last edited:

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
Something is not making sense about my iCloud. I selected all of the photos and it’s 1088, but I have over 12,000 in my iCloud that’s usable on both my iPhone and my iPad Pro. I’ve never had this issue with any of my Apple devices.

Great, I’m glad they were able to get it synced. Congratulations on your new iPad!

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

Did they do something on their end or have you do something? How was the problem resolved?

Reactions: ericwn

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
He told me to go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup and turn it off. It gave me a warning that it was updating, but he said to turn it off anyways and restart my device. When I did I didn’t immediately see any results until a couple of minutes but then my photos all started loading up. He even said I was his best customer of the day! Apple definitely have top notch customer support.

Reactions: sparksd
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.